Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

So, today has not been the greatest of days. My Mama, Daddy, and Papaw came today for lunch. Pork chops, mashed potatoes, and the good-luck black eyed peas. But, I spent the majority of the day in the bed. Yesterday, started with a cold...a bad, runny nose, coughing, sneezing every breath, raw red cheeked, cold. Today, while I was trying to enjoy my lunch, without being able to taste much of it, I had a migraine to creep in on me. So, instead of visiting with my family, I ended up in bed for the rest of the day. No fun! Anyway...the headache is gone, so now I'm enjoying the rest of the first day of 2009 continuing to blow my nose...sigh...Anyway...enough of that. On a lighter note, our contractor, Chan, has rocked this week! He worked Monday, Tuesday, and half of Wednesay. The laundry is completely closed in, insulated, doors attached, and some paneling done! It looks so great!! Not the warmest yet (no threshold yet), but it looks great! Last night, Keith and I braved the very, very, very cold weather to attend the "Block Party" in downtown Columbus. Nash Street, from Starkville, was preforming and we've been wanting to hear them for a while now. They were scheduled to play around 9:30, so we walked up the hill at about 9:15. They didn't start until a little after 10:00. I talked Keith into only staying for a few songs because I felt terrible and we wanted to be there at 12:00 for the "ball drop." We left to thaw out and went home to watch a rerun of CSI and wait out the next hour. Well, I fell asleep on the couch. Keith woke me up about 11:40 and we bundled back up to see the ball drop in downtown Columbus. The "ball" was a fabric shaped ball hung up about 20 feet in the air by a crane. Someone lowered it at midnight after the countdown. No lights on it, no spinning, no spot light shinning on it...just a silver fabric covered ball...sigh...I have to say though it was fun. I hope everyone had a great start to 2009 and hope that mine will be better tomorrow than today!
Carport view of new kitchen door and enclosure.


Nash Street

Sorry, you will need to tilt your head to the left to view the video!!

2 comments:

Prizzle_Purr said...

Awe, I'm sorry you're sick. I'm sick too..stupid sinuses suck! I heard about that thing in Columbus and was wondering if ya'll were going. Lol at the "ball drop"...gotta love Mississippi :D Love you and hope to see you soon..it's been too long.

Gail said...

Nicole - Hi. I'm one of Keith's far-away cousins (out in Oregon) and I figure now that he's out on his own and married and all, I should get an address and add you guys to our Christmas card list! I know we've never met in person, but hopefully sometime in the near future we'll be down there. And you're always welcome to come out here. :) Can you e-mail me the address @ gail@artman.biz.
Thanks!
Gail (Seward) Anderson