Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th!

Keith and I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July! We did. Our long weekend started with Keith going out in his boat, built by him. This was not his first time out, but he finally got some pictures this time around. I am so, so proud of him! He still has to paint it and finish some other details, but he is loving it. When he got back, I made a 4th of July cake. This cake is so neat and so much fun to make. You can make it with any color...doesn't have to be red, white, or blue. Really neat! Friday night we met Opal and her baby, Michael, at Garibaldi's for some good ole' Mexican food. She then came by the house and hung out for a while. Michael is getting so big, but he is sooo cute and sweet!! We had a blast! Saturday morning Keith decided to go out again in the boat...and I was going to try to go with him. I have been very adamant about not going in the boat and I was very nervous. Needless to say, I got in the boat, but never would let go of the pier and was back on land in less than 5 minutes. We were just to close to the water for my liking!! For lunch, Mama, Daddy, and Papaw came for a cookout. We had a great time...it was just so hot! Enjoy the pics!



Friday Morning:





Having pancakes on the front porch.

Friday night:

Saturday morning:

Saturday lunch:

No comments: